Monday, August 15, 2011

My favorite Book from TE348


Of the six books we read in TE348 this session I definitely enjoyed some more than others.  I did not care for The Three Pigs or Maus because I don’t enjoy books that break the conformity of a book.  Bud, not Buddy and The Book Thief were definitely “teacher books” and reminded me of assigned reading from grade school.  Voices in the Park was pretty good, and I’ll probably give that one to my nephew.  My favorite without a doubt was Hunger Games.

Hunger Games was hands down my favorite and I am reminded of how I felt waiting between Harry Potter books as I wait for the opportunity to start Catching Fire the next installment in the trilogy. 

The main reason I enjoyed the Hunger Games was because of the main characters Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch.  Katniss was smart, brave, loyal, and stubborn which made her very relatable and likeable.  Peeta’s character was funny and cunning and loyal as we find out he didn’t know she was pretending to be in love.  Haymitch was probably my favorite character overall.  He starts out a slapstick comedic non-character drunk, and ends up being very strategic and helpful. 

I expect more development with Haymitch’s character because he seems too smart and one step ahead of the capital at the end of the first book.  Also the complexity of his character being drunk guarantees his character will continue to entertain me.  I just hope his fate isn’t the same as my favorite Harry Potter characters, Sirius and the Weasley twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment