Monday, December 5, 2011

Lets Read More!

Now after having been in TE 348, I feel that I read books differently. I appreciate the differences, and the different genres. Before, I was stuck on the same type of book, nothing new, but now I feel that I can venture out and try something new. When I read a book to children, I find myself analyzing the pictures and interpreting the text. This is turn I feel has helped me become better at reading out loud. I know how important it is to encourage children to enjoy reading and the first place to start is by reading aloud. By selecting the age appropriate books, and making the story come alive will encourage them to want to read books on their own eventually. I love to read, and will definitely be using some of the guidelines we talked about to pick books out for my classroom someday. This class has really helped me with children's literature! Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I can actually agree with this. I have always been a reader and a critical analyzer. It's almost a game for me, but before entering this class I was rather stuck on classic literature, and as an elementary/ special education major, 1984, A Clockwork Orange, and Hemingway, aren't exactly books I can use in my classroom. I felt that this class really helped me branch out and gain a better appreciation for children's literature as a whole. Now, instead of strolling through the classic novel section, I find myself looking at picture books and chapter books for young readers.

    ReplyDelete