Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wrap up thoughts

I really enjoyed taking TE348. I am a special education major, and this class taught me very good skills to learn if books would be good for a classroom. When I was doing respite care with a special needs child she always wanted to read books. This class taught me how to find books that would interest her, and teach her something even if it was just colors or animals. I found a cool website that gave me a bunch of books that teach about special needs, which would be good for any general education classroom. http://www.disaboom.com/children-with-disabilities/best-books-for-special-needs-kids.
As far as for children with special needs, I have had trouble finding books that pertain to them. I stumbled across a few blogs that gave good insight of different books for children with Autism, the area I want to specialize in. It was interesting to see what everyone else recommended. I think at this point in time, since Autism is so new, you can only go off of other peoples recommendations. Some blogs are not trustworthy, but it is worth it to take a look at some different ones. http://www.beagooddad.com/237/good-books-for-children-with-autism/
Literature is a special thing, and every child will like it in different ways. I think the only way you can find good literature for your students, is to understand their needs and wants. There are so many sites that have good recommendations for children's books. I'm glad I have learned about all these resources that I can use in my future class.

No comments:

Post a Comment