Sunday, October 9, 2011

HP Touchpad

This weekend I went with my parents to Grand Rapids to visit my sister. When we got there my parents surprised us with an early Christmas present. It was an HP Touchpad! I was so happy because I have wanted on for a long time and because schools are starting to implement more technology into their curriculum. So, by having and learning how to use this new piece for technology I will have a better understanding how to use the new technology in the classroom. Some might question whether or not technology in the classroom is a good or bad thing.
There are been many arguments about technology being implemented into classrooms and it being apart of the syllabus. I believe, if you use the technology in the right way, like blogging, that it helps the students connect more outside of the classroom. You cannot expect everyone to have a computer so it is nice to try to give the students a half hour a week or more on the computer to blog and write down their ideas. Kind of like keeping a journal but not so personal because others will be able to read it.
Also, being able to carry around a light, small, easily portable touchpad is more convenient than lugging around a laptop or a million books if you are a reader. You can just download a book onto the touchpad and have it with you everywhere you go. When people say that it is not the same as interacting with the book, I believe that to be true when the students need to do a project with the book. For enjoyable reading I believe the new technology is the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment