Sunday, October 2, 2011

Tutor Time!!

I have recently started working at the Tutor Time in Dewitt. Since I am eventually going to become a teacher I have been trying to find a job that is relevant to my career. It may have taken me about a half of year to find this job but I am glad that I did find it. This job is going to help me be more prepared than most classes can prepare me for my own classroom.
At Tutor Time you have to go through rigorous training and pass all of their tests before they even consider hiring you. Which to me is a good thing because if you do not want to take the time to study/learn their rules and how to take care of children, you should not be working with children. I work with children ranging from infants to kindergartners. All of the classrooms have different rules depending on the age group you are working with.
Working with these different age group has made me realize that no matter the age of the child, they all have their own way of communicating and seeing the world. If I read them a book they stop me and point to the pictures and say "what's that?" When I tell them what is it, they repeat me in my response. By mimicking me the child learning what the object is and the child is trying to but two and two together. Experiencing this has made everything I have read and learned in class worth while.
You never realize what you read in class over and over again will actually come up in the classroom until you experience it. When you do you feel like what you are doing is making a difference and the school you are paying so much for is actually going to help you make a difference in your classroom one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment