Monday, November 14, 2011

Hunger Games, best book in class

I really enjoyed the book, "Hunger Games." This has been so far, my favorite book that we have read in class. It was much different than anything that i have really read in the past. I liked how it is set in a futuristic time and how everything is way differnt than it is now. It was hard at first to think of the idea of these hunger games and the killing of each other, but after reading more and more it became interesting and made me want to conintue reading. The detail in the book was also very good. I felt as if I was at the location of the hunger games, it helped me to want to finish the book. My favorite character in the book is Katniss. I loved how she stepped up for her sister and saved her from having to enter into the deathly games. It showed what a strong person she is. Furthermore, I liked reading about her romantic interest in Peeta. It showed how smart and wise she is for knowing that the audience will like he rand she will get sponsors if she pretends to have a love interest. After reading the entire story, I look forward to seeing the movie. I think it will be interesting to see how they are portaryed and see how similar the book and movie is. Also, I now want to continue to read the rest of the series and see what more happens.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I enjoyed this book and it was very hard for me to put it down. I think the thing that addicted me to the book was how descriptive it was as well as the fact that it was a fight to the death. I wanted to know who was going to win and if it was going to be Katniss. It was hard for me to accept that these games were a way of life for the people in the district. I felt like the games were another obstacles these people had to overcome. Katniss being sent to the Captiol is another setback in her life. She not only has to battle against feeding her family, her relationship with her mother, the death of her father etc. I believe the book has a good lesson to it and it could be useful in the classroom. It portrays a good moral story and I plan on reading the other two books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! This book was spectacular. The imagery was fantastic and very descriptive, and that is something that I place high value on while reading. The theme of government oppression was so strong and well represented. Collins was very consistent with the way she describe things - making Panem seem very realistic. She is the type of author that makes you keeping turing the pages.

    I also plan on reading the next books in the series. I also plan on watching the movie! I am happy that this book was assigned to read in class. Although I would not use this book in an elementary school classroom, reading it in this class was still very valuable.

    ReplyDelete