Tuesday, November 15, 2011

May the Odds Be in Your Favor!

The Hunger Games is by far one of my favorite books I have ever read. I absolutely hate, truly hate reading because I never felt that I had the imagination skills or the comprehension skills for the daunting task. At first the book intimated me because of the size (yes I know its only 350+ pages, but its a lot for someone who doesn't read) but after getting past the first few chapters I was hooked and didn't want to put the book down. I just started the second book in the series, Catching Fire, and let me tell you this one seems to be on the right track for another hit. I am super excited for the first movie of the trilogy to come out in March but am starting to see why people get upset when a movie is made of their favorite book. I had a very different idea of what all the characters looked like, the setting and mood of the book, that is way different from what the trailer shows. Peeta and Rue are the most far off from what I imagined. I saw Peeta as an Olive skinned, dark hair man who was a bit more muscular. Rue is pretty close on features but I don't remember her being described as African American. But in all I am super excited for the movie and really enjoyed the book.

Check out the trailer and cast images at: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/thehungergames/

No comments:

Post a Comment